XII CC 2009 - 2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEROES ON NEWERTH

2 posters

Go down

HEROES ON NEWERTH Empty HEROES ON NEWERTH

Post  Hamlet``Denmark Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Heroes of Newerth - Playing Dota with Different Engine

HEROES ON NEWERTH 1244997096558

We've already know that several games are being developed based on Dota-Allstars. DemiGod and League of Legends are some names that already familiar in this term. While both of them is totally a new game that inspired from Dota, playing Heroes of Newerth is just like playing Dota but with a lot of better graphics. Just see the above picture (click to enlarge) and watch below video, you will know what i mean.

Isn't that Krobelus who in the movie guys? And based on the mini-map, the map layout is also the same. At first, i think IceFrog is gonna rage because of it, but no. Below is his statement on PlayDota regarding this matters

They contacted me a few years ago to ask if I had any objections to them doing a game heavily based on DotA, which I didn't. I don't really mind all these new games (6 total now I think), competition is a good thing in the long run. I will still work hard to develop and improve DotA on WC3 for everyone that is still interested in it.

Well, at least they got IceFrog permission to do that. But i think this game will have a real trouble if IceFrog stop developing the WC3 version of Dota. Unless they can come out with something original, they won't survive in the long run. Balanced the game and kept the gameplay fun while adding new content is not an easy task. And IceFrog is done it well so far on the current Dota map. Despite all of that, the graphics on the Heroes of Newerth is really tempted me @_@ What about you guys?

Hamlet``Denmark

Back to top Go down

HEROES ON NEWERTH Empty Re: HEROES ON NEWERTH

Post  silentrazgriz Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:32 pm

wanjrit.. sama persis
silentrazgriz
silentrazgriz
Admin

Back to top Go down

HEROES ON NEWERTH Empty Re: HEROES ON NEWERTH

Post  Hamlet``Denmark Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:36 pm

yups...